On march 09, 2017, a new report released by Department of Epidemiology and Public Health in London, England, unequivocally concluded that five biblical principles are the most effective way to live a long, healthy, and successful life.
That's right, you read correctly.
These scientists intensely labored over tests and studies conducted on more than 8,000 individuals over a four year period. They wanted to find out how mental attitudes like—conscientiousness (diligence), emotional stability, determination, self-control, and optimism.
They wanted to produce cutting edge information over something as intangible as attitudes. What they discovered has profoundly impacted the scientific community, while elevating the Bible to even greater status.
They conclusively demonstrated how attitudes affect life skills. It seems that certain personality traits have a stunningly positive effect on life skills, skills that are inherently associated to good health, well-being, and wealth.
An amazing collateral effect of the study resulted in less depression and feelings of loneliness. Subjects reported feeling closer to loved ones, the ability to have more social relationships, feeling of improved health, fewer chronic diseases, less impaired activities of daily living, and faster walking speeds.
Doctors are quick to point out that no one life skill trait is the culprit to fanciful living. Instead the positive attributes gained from attitude management is a byproduct of a combination of attitudes developed over time.
So let's take a look at the attitudes researcher found to be the beneficial to health and finances.
- Conscientiousness (Diligence) - This topic is define as diligence in the Bible. Being personally careful, or vigilant, over our affairs is a big topic and mentioned 33 times in the scriptures.
- Emotional Stability - Both the Old Testament and New Testament instruct people to be mentally and emotionally stable. Inner stability keeps us from temptation being drawn into temptation. Additionally, in the epistles we are told that Jesus is our "rock" in whom we can always remain stable.
- Determination - No matter what happens in life we are told in 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 to remain steadfast and determined in our faith. The advice from this verse also explains that by practicing determination we gain self-control.
- Self-Control - In total the Bible addresses the topic of self-control 52 times. Additionally, it prescribes self-control as a key factor in practicing our faith. Without self imposed restraint we can engage in habits that misrepresent our faith.
- Optimism - Is God negative, downcast, or dark in any way? That's a good one. No. God is pure light in Him there is no negativity, depression, or darkness of any kind. Scripture reflects the optimist view God has of people. God has hope for all people and He cherishes moments when people enter into His grace. Optimism is such a key spiritual feature to our life that there are 70 verses addressing the topic.
Develop these five key attitudes you will be in an elite class of healthy and wealthy people, and that's a scientifically proven fact.
When God lays governing laws over creation all we can do is observe and learn. That's exactly what over the four year study at Department of Epidemiology and Public Health in London, England.
Boost The Effects Of Your Attitude With Christian Meditation
There is a multitude of studies that show how our brain changes with meditation. As brain tissue becomes thicker memory is improved, cognitive skills are regenerated, mood swings disappear, and we become happier and more peaceful.
Now imagine developing the five Christian attitudes you just learned about in conjunction with your Christian meditation practice. You would become a powerhouse of good, and your life would reflect it.
So start incorporating what you learned today into your daily practice and let us know about the amazing changes. A few of here have already tried it and it works!
How to Diffuse Subconscious Anxiety Patterns
Let's address the giant elephant in the room. There are s...
How To Easily Flow Through Anxiety
Anxiety is something everyone experiences from time-to-ti...
How Anxiety Attacks and What to Do
Anxiety is something that everyone experiences from time-...
Is Christian Meditation The Way To More Happiness?
Maybe you've never tried meditation because you thought i...