So you made it through the first three days of the week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and now it's Thursday. Why do you feel a little lighter and happier? It's because Thursday represents the approaching end of a struggle and the promise of liberty.
One study of stress found that weekdays carry a similar stress related to bad moods when compared to the good mood most people experience on weekends, and Thursday is the perfect day to start looking forward to a fun weekend.
Get the world's most advanced Christian devotionals - here
Most people think of Thursday as only one day away from the weekend, and especially since most people enjoy Friday night as a mild stress reliever. So here are the best Christian affirmations you can focus on to your Thursday even better.
10 Christian Devotional Affirmations For Thursday
- I am renewed in Jesus.
- I am restored in Jesus.
- I am healed in Jesus.
- I am healthy in Jesus.
- I am boundless in Jesus.
- In Jesus, I am resistant to temptation.
- In Jesus, I am made clean with His blood.
- In Jesus, I am made whole with His body.
- In Jesus, I am pure.
- In Jesus, I am anointed.
Daily Devotional Techniques
Pick one or more affirmations from the list above to concentrate on this morning. The affirmation will help you focus on something positive. In Romans 12:2 the Bible states that we should renew our mind according to God's word so we can know His perfect will. This is a great opportunity for you to reshape your mind according to biblical principles. Let's get started.
1. Get up a few minutes early.
2. Select a quiet place and sit in a comfortable position. Close your eyes, take few deep breaths and relax. For the next few minutes let go of your thoughts and just be Jesus for a few moments. Do this for about 2 or 3 minutes.
3. Next, focus your mind on your devotional statement.
4. As you focus, your mind may wander. That's okay, just let go of the thought and get back to worshiping God through your devotional. After a couple minutes your mind will begin to be still. At this point, you can love God while you meditate on the affirmation. Completely let go while you worship. Do this for about 5 minutes.
5. If you selected another affirmation, move on to the next one. If only selected on you can stop the practice. Take a slow deep breath and exhale. Slowly open your eyes and thank Jesus.
6. Workout. Hopefully, you're giving yourself enough time 3 or 4 times each week to exercise.
You can pick a new devotional from the list next Thursday. Here's a bonus. Try mentally repeating your devotional throughout the day. You can also try whispering it under your breath. This is a great way to reinforce your early morning practice.
God bless you. We're praying for you. See you in the kingdom.