It's Tuesday morning, if you woke up this morning and feel it hard to get up and go to work, you're not alone. Millions of people assume Monday is the toughest day when in reality Tuesday is.
In a recent British study, researchers polled 3000 workers and discovered that mid-morning, exactly at 11:45 AM on Tuesday, is the moment people feel most stress.
Academic studies from the London School of Economics, show that positive moods peak on Saturday and carry over into Sunday. While levels of contentment drop at the beginning of the traditional work week, Tuesday we reach our lowest levels.
The theory is that the weekend brightness does not quite wear off by Monday, but by Tuesday the effects are gone. This could very well set us up for an even harder Wednesday.
Get the world's most advanced Christian devotionals - here
So what's a person to do to keep morale high? A daily devotional with positive Christian affirmations is the recipe for success. Just make sure you add a dose of acceptance and a dash of visualization.
Christian mindfulness is a way of being completely aware of Jesus (John 15:4) nonetheless, our thought can get in the way, that's when acceptance comes in. If you just accept things as they are and move on during your practice, you'll succeed.
This leads to a technique espoused by Jesus. In Mark 11:24 Jesus states that we should pray as if we have already received the object of focus. This is called visualization, which is a future based thought. So do we visualize anything we want? A red Mercedes Benz? A yacht? A million dollars? Not exactly. God is not a genie that grants wishes. Anything we visualize or pray for as though it exists must be in accordance with God's word.
This brings to mostly spiritual qualities like love, peace, harmony, protection, guidance, fulfillment, humility, patience, understanding, resiliency, acceptance, kindness, charity, perseverance, diligence, creativity, and so on.
Applying both acceptance and visualization to biblical affirmations can be a very powerful combination to get you out of the Tuesday blues. So here you go the top ten mental practices to a better day.
10 Christian Devotional Affirmations For Tuesday
- I am humble with Jesus.
- I am repentant with Jesus.
- I am loving toward others with Jesus.
- I am faithful with Jesus.
- I am steadfast with Jesus.
- I am made powerful in Jesus.
- I am joyful in Jesus.
- I am smart in Jesus.
- I am creative in Jesus.
- I am tenacious in Jesus.
Did you notice that the first couple affirmations are about humility? Humility before God places us a unique position. In Matthew 23:12, Jesus quotes the Proverb, "The humble shall be exalted". God exalts the humble. The best to get a boost from God is to humble yourself. Go ahead try it humble yourself before God 10 to 15 minutes a day and see how you feel after a week.
Daily Devotional Techniques
1. It's important to start first thing in the morning, so wake up a few minutes early.
2. Choose one or two devotionals from the list for your practice.
3. Get into a comfortable seated position, close your eyes and focus your mind on the devotional affirmation, or affirmations you chose.
4. As you focus, your mind will become still. Stay with that. Keep your affirmation in mind and see it as though you are living it. (Mark 11:24) During this time you may experience true worship toward God and Jesus, go for it. This step may take 4 to 5 minutes.
5. You can move on to the next devotional affirmation, or you can stop. Take a deep breath and slowly open your eyes. Thank Jesus. Now you're ready for the day.
Next week try another devotional affirmation. You'll also find it helpful to repeat them throughout the day. This is a great way to reinforce your early morning practice.
God bless you. We're praying for you. See you in the kingdom.
Inspiring Thoughts For The Day of Anxiety
I hope and pray by God through whom you were created that...
10 Ways To Know If You Have Anxiety
No therapeutic claims are made regarding the information ...
Life Optimizer (3) - Science Proves the Healing Power of Prayer
Video duration 13:01 Video Transcript Hi, Jeff Ordonez f...
Life Optimizer (2) - Silence is the Way to Your Victory
Video duration 12:26 Video Transcript Thanks for joining...