So no matter where you work, or what you do for a living, Wednesday is known as "hump day". The name emerged around 1965 and refers to the middle of the traditional workweek. It symbolizes that a person has arrived at the pinnacle of their work efforts and is on the way to the weekend.
For many people, Wednesday is viewed as one of the toughest days. This is mainly due to having completed two with two more to go before one can enjoy some free time. But it's really about perception and how we feel.
If you see yourself as having to move through difficulties, chances are you won't feel good about the 5 day work week and will view it as a struggle. But, if you see your life as a gift and as something to enjoy everywhere and at all times, you'll think better thoughts and feel better.
Get the world's most advanced Christian devotionals - here
So here's how you can start changing your mind, and ultimately the quality of your life.
First, meditate. A few minutes of stillness will go long way in changing how you think and feel. Stilling your mind for a few minutes each day allows your brain to be present in the moment with God, rather than the rigors of the world. The practice will sharpen your mind, improve happiness levels while dropping stress levels.
After meditating, exercise. Bursts of cardio fun like aerobics, dancing, hula hoops, fast paced-walking, or jogging can boost the positive chemistry in your brain. Start early in the morning and the effects will last all day. But the habit must be consistent.
10 Christian Devotional Affirmations For Tuesday
Once you enter into a state of meditative stillness try focusing on positive thoughts. These thoughts can have a powerful effect on you during the day, especially when focused on your faith with Jesus.
Here are the best most positive Christian devotional affirmations you can concentrate on during your meditation specifically for Wednesday morning.
10 Christian Devotional Affirmations For Wednesday
- I am one with Jesus and have authority.
- I am one with Jesus and have prayer power.
- I am one with Jesus and have speech power.
- I am one with Jesus and have spiritual power.
- I am one with Jesus and have wisdom power.
- Jesus and I are one light.
- Jesus and I are one love.
- Jesus and I are one power.
- Jesus and I are one mind.
- Jesus and I are one heart.
Pick one or more to concentrate on. Focus your mind until the words become a reality in your mind.
Daily Devotional Techniques
1. You need start early in the morning, this is the best time to train your brain. So get up a little earlier than usual.
2. Sit in a comfortable position, close your eyes and start relaxing. Let go of thoughts and just be still for a few moments. This may take 2 or 3 minutes.
3. Focus your mind on the devotional affirmation you chose.
4. As you focus, your mind will become more still. Stay with that. Reflect on the affirmation until becomes real in your mind. (Mark 11:24) During this time you may experience love for God and Jesus, go for it. Worship God all you want. This step may take 4 to 5 minutes.
5. You can move on to the next devotional affirmation, or you can stop. Take a deep breath and slowly open your eyes. Thank Jesus. Now you're ready for the day.
6. Workout. Hopefully, you're giving yourself enough time 3 or 4 times each week to exercise.
Next Wednesday try a different devotional affirmation. You'll also find it helpful to repeat them through the day. This is a great way to reinforce your early morning practice.
God bless you. We're praying for you. See you in the kingdom.