Find Stress Relief In Christ Jesus With Meditation
There have been countless studies performed on the practice of meditation, all providing astounding results to say the least. One aspect that isn't talked about is the quality of studies. Most people who are observed during experimentation are often already believers on the benefits of meditation, so we could say that results are not definitive, and maybe even tainted.
In my opinion, the best experimentation comes from observing subjects who know nothing about meditation. Researchers at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD sifted through almost 19,000 meditation studies. What they found was startling. Only 47 trials addressed the bias issue. After a meta analysis purged from bias studies suggests that meditation, even simple mindfulness, can help ease psychological stresses like anxiety, depression, and pain. Their findings were published in JAMA Internal Medicine.
Dr. Elizabeth Hoge, a psychiatrist at the Center for Anxiety and Traumatic Stress Disorders at Massachusetts General Hospital and an assistant professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, has asserted that meditation is a very good solution for treating stress and anxiety. She has been quoted stated that “People with anxiety have a problem dealing with distracting thoughts that have too much power,” and further explaining that “They can’t distinguish between a problem-solving thought and a nagging worry that has no benefit.”
This leads us to the conclusion that worry is unproductive and blocks the mind from finding a productive rhythm. A rhythm that flows with life rather than against it. It's been noted that meditation teaches the mind to be clear of thought that negates positivity, creativity, possibility, optimism, and greater problem solving abilities.
Time and time again under strict controls it's been observed that meditation reduces stress while minimizing anxiety symptoms. In groups of unbiased people who were taught simple relaxation techniques for stress management, it was observed that a majority benefited greatly from the practice.
To get a sense of Christian meditation, you can try one of the guided recordings by Jeff Ordonez at ChristAudio. They are available for free at https://christaudio.com/pages/free-trial
Guided Christian Meditation For Relaxation - Technique and Script
This guided sleep meditation will help you to relax, manage stress, and cultivate peace of mind.
1. Sit in a comfortable position.
2. Take a deep breath, hold for 2 or 3 seconds, and release. Do this 3 or 4 times.
3. Now mentally scan your mind. Simply observe the chaos and reflect on Jesus.
4. Next, release all your concerns, doubt's fears, anxieties, preoccupations, and stress into the hands of Jesus. (1 Peter 5:7) Let it all go, all of it.
Recall that Jesus loves you and His love comforts you and restores you.
Take a deep breath and let it all go.
5. Now experience the presence of Christ your Lord. Breathe as a person who dwells in Him. Feel His presence as you breathe. Let your breathing come to a natural pattern and dwell in His presence.
Do this for about 2 - 3 minutes.
6. Thank Jesus. Love Him with all your heart, soul, and mind.
7. Take a deep breath. Begin moving your hands and feet. Gently start moving your head. Then very slowly start to open your eyes.
8. Repeat every morning for 10 - 15 minutes.
Copyright Notice: Reproduction is not permitted. Personal, private use is permitted.
The truth is that meditation works, and it works because God designed the human body with mechanisms that provide a connection with Him. Meditation is simply a tool to help us experience His peace.
Thoughts, ideas, suggestion? Do you have a favorite guided Christian mediation that for relaxation? We'd love to hear about it. Post your thoughts below. God bless you. see you in the kingdom.