Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind and your neighbor as yourself. These commandments are often espoused from the pulpit. Even though Jesus states that these are the two most important commandment my question is, do we really practice them?
Let's take a look at the mechanics of these commandments. In others, we are supposed to follow them. First Jesus states that we must love God with all our heart, soul, and mind. If even a single thought, desire, or impulse interferes with our love for God we cannot say that we are following the commandment of love God with all our heart, soul, and mind.
In order to follow this command we need to seriously train our heart, soul, and mind. The worldly wanderings of the mind will lead our entire inner being astray from God in seconds. So a daily meditative disciple is in order. The two foremost practices we advocate here at ChristAudio is stillness in the Lord and a contemplative Bible study meditation each has a distinct and powerful effect.
Being still in the Lord allows us to see the compulsiveness of our inner being. Eventually, we can relax and just sit still with Jesus. This discipline cultivates clarity of mind. Concentrating on the Word of God allows the neurological pathways of the brain to become one with scripture. In John 14:23 Jesus states that if we "keep" His word, the presence of the Father will increase in us.
These two techniques are the foundation for any good Christian meditation practice. As we achieve clarity of mind and oneness with God's word we can more proficiently practice God's greatest commandments.
Guided Loving Kindness Christian Meditation - Technique and Script
Prep Work: The cornerstone of this meditation is love. The Bible is filled with advice about loving God and others. It also happens to be the top two commandments we should follow. But before you begin, you need to find a quiet place where you can undisturbed for 10 to 15 minutes. Also, wearing loose clothing is a good idea when you want to relax.
1. Find a comfortable place to sit quietly. Get into a comfortable seated position and close your eyes.
2. Now, take a long deep breath, hold it for a couple seconds, and release. Do this about 3 or 4 times until you start to relax.
3. Let your breathing return to its natural rhythm. Pay attention at the natural rhythm of your breath. Pay attention as it flows in and out of your chest.
4. As your mind begins to settle start contemplating on Jesus. In John 15:4 Jesus states that we should abide in Him, like the branch of a vine. Visualize God's life flowing from Jesus in you. You are the branch. You are abiding in Jesus. Do this for about 1 - 2 minutes.
5. In John 14:6 Jesus states that no one can reach the Father unless they go through Him. Since you are in Jesus and you are experience the Father you can begin to love God the Father with all your heart, soul, and mind. Do this for about 2 - 3 minutes
6. It's perfectly normal for your mind to wander at this time, if it does, just let it be, and go back to loving God with everything you got. Your mind will eventually quiet down while loving God. Don't worry about it.
7. Now realize that all people are God's creation and that God loves all. Good or evil God's grace shines on all people. See yourself loving all people like God. (Matthew 5:43-48) Feel it. Do this for about 2 - 3 minutes.
8. Take a deep breath. Begin moving your hands and feet. Gently start moving your head. Then very slowly start to open your eyes. This step should last 30 seconds to a minute.
9. Repeat every morning for about 10 minutes.
Copyright Notice: Reproduction is not permitted. Personal, private use is permitted.
Congratulations! You just performed the loving-kindness Christian mediation. A meditation that will help you follow the greatest commandments in the Bible. Just remember to read God's word every day. Open the Bible and meditate on His word every day. Hope this helps. If you have any favorite way of following God's command to love, please share them below. We love you and we're praying for you. God bless. See you in the kingdom
Subconscious Christian Meditation Beats Anxiety With Love
Today I'm showing you a practical technique to help you e...
Crush Anxiety with an Alpha Brainwave Meditation
In this article, I'm giving you solid scientific evidence...
Change Your Subconscious With Christian Meditation
My intention with this article is to give you the informa...
Sin and Death Make You More Like God - Meditation
Before we begin, we need to understand what sin and lack ...