If you are new to the world of Christian meditation, why not consider adding tea to the current structure that you have set for yourself? One of the beautiful things about a spiritual practice through the perspective of our Christian faith is the amount of flexibility we have. As long as everything begins and ends with the Lord, you are free to create the structure that allows you to connect to Him directly and more readily.
To that end, there are a number of teas that might help improve your spiritual time with God. These are teas that are often associated with contemplative practices. To be sure, these are teas that can be applied to what you would like to achieve with Christ-based meditation.
Why Does Tea Help Meditation?
The truth of the matter is that there is no great mystery behind the meditative enhancing power of tea. When you understand the benefits of the tea you have chosen, you will notice a pattern among all of these teas. You will find that each one contains ingredients that promote the processes within ourselves that aid in relaxing. They all have a soothing effect on the mind and body.
Through relaxation, and by achieving a state of pure relaxation, we can take full advantage of everything we would like to achieve.
5 Teas For Christian Meditation
Herbal teas can help with stress, depression, cramps, anxiety, detoxing, and even colds. Yes, it can also help you in your desire to reach and embrace Christ’s love. Here are a few possibilities that you can keep in mind:
1. Saffron: While the price tag is a little high, we can’t help but love everything this tea brings to the table. One or two strands of saffron can work wonders towards raising your spirit to the spectacular heights that allow you to see God with brilliant, pure clarity.
2. Lotus: The history of the medicinal properties of lotus is a long, wondrous one. Using the stamens and petals in your next herbal brew can help you to achieve an immediate state of relaxation, in addition to a unique perspective in that state.
3. Skullcap: Don’t let the sinister name throw you off! If you are keenly interested in tea for Christian meditation, then you will definitely want to try a little of this in your next blend. For diminishing stress and strain, skullcap is an excellent agent while allowing you to focus less on anxiety, and more on the Holy Spirit.
4. Rose petal: Rose petal teas are well known for their amazing benefits in the world of meditation. Adding to this a little green teas, or anything mint tea, can give your convictions about God a wonderful boost. You will have the energy to see and appreciate the love of the Lord that exists all around you.
5. Peppermint: The cooling properties of peppermint is one of the big reasons as to why this tea has been a favorite of so many people for so many years. Even those who are not particularly interested in meditation of any kind often use peppermint teas to soothe the weary spirit. It is also worth keeping in mind that these teas can prove to be excellent for upset stomachs. Are you starting to notice a pattern in the benefits? Everything about peppermint is designed to soothe damage, frayed nerves. In doing so, you will find yourself with a mind ready to embrace everything a Christ-centered meditation has to offer.
Herbal Teas And Christian Meditation
Gingko, rosemary, and holy basil are three more herbs that are known to have profound effects on those who want to truly relax. In fact, all of the teas are so spectacular at inducing calm, we would invite you to use them in your daily life.
Remember that while they can be extremely useful as a means of benefiting from Christian meditation, that is not the only time in which you can use them. These are teas that can be enjoyed all throughout the day, and for a variety of different reasons.
But keep in mind, that teas are a food, and food can affect our bodies. So it's important to consult your doctor before you make any changes to your diet and that includes teas.
All natural food are a gift from God. When we desire the opportunity to become closer to Him, you better believe that He is paying attention to that. It is through His attention that we receive the gifts we need to seek and find Him. This is where meditation becomes significant. However, you can take things a step further. The next time you thank God, make it a point to include a thank-you for everything these teas are capable of doing for you.
God bless you, we love you, and we're praying for you. Got any favorite teas you like share. We'd love to hear from you. Type your comments below.